A transcosmos Employee Receives “Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Award for Summer Deaflympics Top-Ranking Athletes”
Won a Silver Medal in the 22nd Summer Deaflympics Women’s Volleyball
December 19, 2013
An employee of transcosmos inc. (Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan; President and COO: Masataka Okuda; TSE First Section: 9715; hereafter, transcosmos) has received “Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Award for Top-Ranking Athletes of Summer Deaflympics” in recognition for her excellent results at the 22nd Summer Deaflympics.
The employee who received this honor is Miyuki Nagasawa from Normalization Promotion Dept. of transcosmos’ Head Management Division. She participated in the 22nd Summer Deaflympics held between July 26th through August 4th, 2013, in Sophia, Bulgaria, and won a silver medal. She was recognized for this contribution, through her accomplishment of acting as an example of persons with disabilities actively participating in the community.
transcosmos houses many employees who excel in various areas such as work-related skills they gained through employment and sports they have continued as students and actively participate in international and Japanese nation-wide competitions and races. transcosmos proudly supports these employees.
About the Award
- Minister of Labour, Health and Welfare Award for the Top-Ranking Athletes of the Summer Deaflympics
- Reason for the Award:
- Achieving excellent results in the Deaflympics event and demonstrated an exemplary act for community participation of persons with disabilities
- Hosted by:
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Award Ceremony:
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 at Central Bldg., No. 5, Lower Row, 2nd Floor, Auditorium
Won a Silver Medal
Certificate of Award
Miyuki Nagasawa’s profile:
Miyuki Nagasawa joined transcosmos inc. in April 2010 upon graduation from college and works for the Normalization Promotion Dept., Head Management Division. At transcosmos, she has worked as an engineer for the “web creation team”, which was established in 2007, mainly comprised of employees with disabilities and has participated in various website design projects such as transcosmos’ corporate website.
Past records with the Japan Women’s Deaf Volleyball Team at Deaflympics:
- - 2008: Second place, the first World Deaf Volleyball Championships in in Argentina
- - 2009: Third place, the 21st Summer Deaflympics in Taipei, Taiwan
- - 2012: First place, the 7th Asia-Pacific Deaf Volleyball Championships (the 22nd Summer Deaflympics Asia region preliminary)
- - 2012: Fifth place, the second world competition in Bulgaria
- - 2013: Received the Tokyo Metropolitan Sports Award; second place, the 22nd Summer Deaflympics in Sofia, Bulgaria
Deaflympics is a world-wide sports event held once every four years for the hearing-impaired. It is the first international event hosted by ICSD/CISS for the athletes with disabilities, and consists of summer Deaflympics and winter Deaflympics.
transcosmos’ Diversity Promotion Effort (employment of persons with disabilities)
[Comments from Mr. Hiroyuki Furuhara, advisor of transcosmos and General Manager for Head Management Division]
“Regardless of the disabilities, each employee should be able to take full advantage of his or her individuality and talents - transcosmos considers this is an ideal form for a corporation. We believe that corporations are places where people with different individual talents and personalities gather, and that their diversity creates an excellent corporate culture. transcosmos has hired many employees with various disabilities such as hearing, visual, upper limbs, lower limbs, internal, and mental, and they have succeeded in exerting their abilities in different division and departments. In addition, we are putting efforts to create a corporate-wide, conscientious efforts in designing a structure to support employees with disabilities.”
Main Types of Support:
- - Securing Information: For the hearing-impaired employees, sign language interpretation and written summaries are provided.
- - Counseling: Specialized staff members with qualifications such as social welfare worker and mental health professional/counselor provide counseling.
- - Disaster Measures: Wheelchair users are provided with an emergency rescue device to assist them in disasters- one device per wheelchair user.
- - Special Vacation Days: “Special Vacation Days” are made available for those employees participating in international competitions/races, etc. (There are certain restrictions.)
transcosmos will continue to strive to be a corporation to provide a place where persons with disabilities could work comfortably and safely and will continue to promote employment of persons with disabilities.
- Job Development for Disabled Persons
* transcosmos is a registered trade name or trademark of transcosmos inc. in Japan and other countries.
* Other company names and product or service names mentioned are registered trade names or trademarks of various other companies.
About transcosmos inc.
transcosmos launched operations in 1966. Since then it has combined superior “human resources” with the most up-to-date “technological” capabilities to enhance the competitive strength of its corporate clients by providing them with high value added and superior services. It provides overall IT outsourcing services such as Call Center Services, Business Process Outsourcing Services, and Digital Marketing Services either as standalone solution or as combined services to its corporate clients to optimize their marketing efficiencies, to expand sales and gain new customers in E-Commerce business, and to improve operational efficiency and reduce clients operational cost for back office and information system operations. Further, these services have been expanded beyond Japan, globally, centered in Asia.
transcosmos aims to be the “Global IT Partner” of its corporate clients to provide them with high quality outsourcing services on a global scale.
Inquiries from the media should be forwarded to
transcosmos inc. Public Relations & Advertising Department