Human Resource Development Assistance, Advancement of Academia and Education
transcosmos Korea donates computers to the “Incheon Differently Abled Federation” of Republic of Korea (May 29, 2019)
transcosmos Korea, Inc., a business process outsourcing provider in the Republic of Korea and a subsidiary of transcosmos inc., donated 30 million won worth of computers for office and educational use to organizations for the disabled including “Incheon Differently Abled Federation” to support organizations for disabled in the Republic of Korea.
transcosmos Korea is increasing its charitable donations and has already decided to donate another 50 computers to the organizations other than those 22 organizations to which the company made the donation. In addition, transcosmos Korea employees engage in community services on a regular basis and in various activities for expanding employment opportunities for persons with disabilities. As transcosmos Korea’s business continues to expand and grow, the company will further promote its contribution to local communities as its corporate social responsibility.
transcosmos enhances industry-university collaboration with Rikkyo University (June 10, 2013)
In addition to a research seminar at Rikkyo University last year, transcosmos inc. has also begun offering a regular class on marketing research this year, as a part of its industry-university collaboration with Rikkyo University since 2011.
Class details for “Marketing Research” (Fundamentals of Marketing Research & Data Mining)
transcosmos Principal Consultant Naohiro Yamaura joined “Marketing Research” class taught by Hiroshi Sasaki, Professor of Marketing Research at Rikkyo University as a part-time lecturer, and they collaborated to conduct a new class. Mr. Yamaura covers a broad spectrum of topics, including marketing strategy, consumer behavior, social media research, and web log analysis. He also offers practical training in the field of Big Data marketing.
In addition, on May 16 (Thursday), Masayuki Hagiwara, Executive Vice President of transcosmos analytics Inc., gave instruction as a guest lecturer on marketing research trends in Japan and overseas with the theme of “Next-generation Marketing Research.”
Scene at a School of Business Administration “Marketing Research” class
Scene of lecture by transcosmos principal consultant and concurrent instructor Naohiro Yamaura
Scene of lecture by transcosmos analytics Inc. executive vice president Masayuki Hagiwara
transcosmos and Rikkyo University to Hold Hands-on Type Presentation “Big Data Hand-on Learning Seminar,” a collaborative project (December 12, 2012)
transcosmos inc. held a hands-on presentation at the “Big Data hands-on learning seminar,” as part of its joint-effort project since Fiscal Year 2011 in conjunction with Rikkyo University’s College of Business. transcomos received assistance from Okasan Online Securities Co., Ltd., which is a group company of Okasan Securities Group Inc.
About “Big Data hands-on learning seminar”
Since September 2012, for the students of Professor Hiroshi Sasaki’s seminar at College of Business (40 students in their second and third years), Mr. Naohiro Yamaura, Chief Consultant of transcosmos, has been serving as a lecturer to provide instructions for the students on the training methods of marketing concepts and research methods then held hands-on learning in separate groups. For the web analysis data, the actual website access data kindly provided by Okasan Online Securities Co., Ltd. was used by the students to analyze. On Thursday, December 6, the students had an opportunity to visit the client corporations to present improvement measures at a presentation/event offered by transcosmos. The recruitment personnel from transcosmos’ Human Resources Division provided instructions on the presentations, so that the students could utilize the experience in their job-hunting efforts. At the presentation, employees of the participating corporations in charge of web strategy were invited as lecturers to offer their critique.
At the “Big Data Hands-on Learning Seminar”
transcosmos strengthens human resource development assistance for persons with disabilities (December 25, 2009)
transcosmos inc. has inaugurated a project focusing on areas such as human resources development and educational environment maintenance support for persons with disabilities as a part of CSR activities.
- 1. Human Resource Development
- :argeting highly public facilities such as regional hospitals, the skills of younger eme improved at the practical level, while also contributing to the local community throlunteer work related to the design of materials such as posters, fliers and information ides.
- 2. Educational Support (Outside Company)
- :We continue to expand on-site classes aimed at students (elementary school students) of hools such as those for the hearing impaired.
Our company employees act as the instructors. When classes are held at the former hool of the employee in charge, motivation and hopes for future work are aroused rough the image of a school predecessor who is a successful graduate in a real world tuation working as the instructor of the class.
- 3. Environment Maintenance Support (Outside Company)
- :PC donations for special-needs schools, etc. (support provided for both hardware anftware, from set up to user training)
* PC donations are being arranged with the cooperation (equipment procurement and delivery transportation) of IX Rentec Corporation, a company which conducts rental operations.
PC Donation (Akiharu Academy)
On-site Class (Omiya Academy for the Hearing Impaired)
On-site Class (Omiya Academy for the Hearing Impaired)
Continuing from Last Year, transcosmos Holds Another Business Contest (Apr. 08, 2009)
transcosmos, has sponsored a Business Plan Contest aimed at university students across all of China. On April 8, 2009, the contest final selection was held and 10 award winning teams were decided upon.
- North China area
- :Tsinghua University, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Beijing University of chemical Technology, Beijing Institute of Technology, China Agricultural University, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Nankai University, Tianjin University, China University of Mining and Technology, Renmin University of China (People's University of China), Central University of Finance and Economics.
- East China area
- :Zhejiang University, Soochow University, Southeast University, Nanjing University
- Central China area
- :Huazhong University of Science and Technology, University of Science and Technology of China
- South China area
- :Macao Polytechnic Institute, Guangxi University, Guangzhou vocational & technical institute of industry & commerce, Shenzhen University, The University of Hong Kong, Sun Yat-Sen University
- Northeast area
- :Liaoning University, Shenyang Jianzhu University
- Southwest area
- :Chengdu University of Technology, Civil Aviation Flight University of China, Sichuan University, Southwest University of Science and Technology
- Northwest area
- :Xidian University, Xi’an Jiaotong University
Fukuoka Center “Child Rearing Support Business” Certification(Feb. 19, 2009)
In Fukuoka Prefecture, the management of business enterprises and establishments have announced concrete actions to assist male and female employees with child rearing, and Fukuoka Prefecture has implemented a registration system called the “Child Rearing Support Declaration Registration System”. Registration cards and registration marks are delivered to registered business enterprises and establishments and are widely introduced to the prefecture's residents.
On this occasion, transcosmos’ MCM center Fukuoka has been registered and certified as a “Child Rearing Support Declaration Business Establishment”.
At the MCM center Fukuoka, which is aiming for a scale of 700 employees in the future, we recognize that child rearing support will be one of the required employee benefits, and therefore make the following declarations.
- 1. We will strive to promote the awareness and acquisition of a child-care leave system by implementation of administrative staff training.
- 2. One month prior to the return to work, we will have a sensitive consultation regarding matters such as reduced working hours, availability for work on weekends and child care in order to determine a work assignment.
- 3. We will promote awareness of overtime limitations, reduced working hours for child care and a leave system for child nursing, striving to create an environment that provides support after the return to work, through implementation of administrative staff training.