KASUMI joins “Gotcha!mall”
KASUMI joins Grand Design’s “Gotcha!mall” in partnership with transcosmos
Aims to boost store visits and purchase volume at all stores by attracting more customers via smartphone
August 31, 2017
KASUMI CO., LTD.
Grand Design Co., Ltd.
KASUMI CO., LTD. (Headquarters: Ibaraki, President and Representative Director: Toshiki Ishii; hereafter, KASUMI) joined “Gotcha!mall” by Grand Design Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan; President Kazuya Ogawa; hereafter, Grand Design), a platform which connects consumers with stores and brands, in partnership with transcosmos inc. (Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan; President and COO: Masataka Okuda; hereafter, transcosmos). With “Gotcha!mall”, KASUMI aims to strengthen its capability to attract customers via smartphone.
Committed to “quality, freshness, and taste”, KASUMI offers a variety of products with a focus on “security and safety”. Now, in conjunction with “Gotcha!mall”, KASUMI will create and deliver a fun shopping experience for its customers, providing great deals whilst boosting store visits and purchases at each store.
- - Service launch: September 1, 2017 at 9:00 am
- - Stores: All KASUMI stores (excluding Family Mart Plus and Ple Chef Tsukuba Qt Store)
- * “Gotcha!mall” services are already available in two stores in Tokyo, namely “Food Square Olinas Kinshicho store” and “Food Square Itabashi Maenocho store” (as of August, 2017)
- - Visit KASUMI “Gotcha!mall” top page here https://jp.gotchamall.com/gotcha/65
“Gotcha!mall” acts as a shopping mall where a variety of industries and brands can join via smartphone. By playing Gotcha of a store or a brand, users can get incentives such as special gifts and coupons from the store or the brand. Since users can use the received special gifts and coupons in the respective brand’s real store, Gotcha!mall drives user traffic to real stores from a smartphone.
Through the provision of incentives by leveraging its unique gaming gimmick, Gotcha!mall enables KASUMI to attract customers to their stores and increase purchases and re-visits. What’s more, by leveraging its entertaining elements, the service enables KASUMI to provide customers with valuable product and event information which only KASUMI can deliver. To help KASUMI join “Gotcha!mall”, transcosmos offers one-stop services ranging from sending coupons, to operations, to analysis.
“Gotcha!mall” has already achieved a huge success in inviting customers who have never shopped at KASUMI before whilst dramatically boosting purchase volume in two stores, namely, “Food Square Olinas Kinshicho store” and “Food Square Itabashi Maenocho store”, the stores that have joined “Gotcha!mall” services from May ahead of others. Seeing the great success, KASUMI decided to make all KASUMI stores join “Gotcha!mall”.
KASUMI, transcosmos, and Grand Design aim to boost store visits and purchase volume whilst improving the value of customer experience through offering personalized, optimized contents to each individual customer in order to let customers “shop for fun” by conducting holistic analysis on purchase data (POS data) and behavioral data (play history, etc.).
Service flowchart (for illustration purpose only)
“Gotcha!mall” is a platform which connects consumers with stores and brands, developed and operated by Grand Design. “Gotcha!” comes from “I got you!”, representing our business philosophy, “deliver the fun of shopping”. Gotcha!mall creates and delivers a fun shopping experience with a great deal by matching up consumers with leading retailers and brands including convenience stores, GMS, supermarkets, drug stores, fast food restaurants, and more, utilizing the full power of AI. Gotcha!mall continues to expand its network going beyond Japan to global markets, mainly to Asia. (Gotcha!mall URL：https://jp.gotchamall.com/)
* Company names and product or service names used here are trademarks or registered trademarks of respective companies.
KASUMI CO., LTD. (https://www.kasumi.co.jp/)
- 599-1, Nishi Ohashi, Tsukuba city, Ibaraki, Japan
- June, 1961
- Operates supermarket chain, selling foodstuffs, household utensils, and clothing, etc.
- President and Representative Director: Toshiki Ishii
- 3-25-18, Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- June, 1985
- Global business outsourcing services
- President and COO: Masataka Okuda
Grand Design Co., Ltd. (https://www.gd-c.com/)
- 6F, Sumitomo Fudosan Roppongi-dori building, 7-18-18, Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- November, 2014
- Innovation business using technology
- President Kazuya Ogawa
Contact for Media Inquiries
KASUMI CO., LTD.
Kotani, PR team
Tomizawa, Public Relations & Advertising Department
Grand Design Co., Ltd.
PR Group, Corporate Management Division