Two transcosmos employees received the Gold Award and the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare Award for the Abilympics
Database category winner Kento Tanahashi & Webpage category winner Ayaka Miyamoto
December 8, 2017
Kento Tanahashi and Ayaka Miyamoto, employees of transcosmos inc. (Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan; President and COO: Masataka Okuda) competed in the 37th Abilympics and received the Gold Award and the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare Award for the Database and Webpage categories, respectively.
Since 1981, Japan has held the Abilympics annually, which are aimed at improving vocational abilities of persons with disabilities, deepening enterprises’ and public understanding and awareness of persons with disabilities, and expanding their employment opportunities. The 37th Abilympics was held from Friday, November 17th through Sunday, November 19th, 2017, at TOCHIGI PREFECTURAL UTSUNOMIYA INDUSTRIAL EXHIBITION HALL (Marronnier Plaza) and two other locations. 365 participants from across Japan competed for 22 work skill categories including building cleaning, word processing, restaurant service, and more.
- Database / the Gold Award & the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare Award
- Kento Tanahashi
- transcosmos assist inc.
- Job category:
- Kento joined transcosmos assist inc. in April, 2014. He is in charge of developing web systems and tools for the parent company, transcosmos inc., to improve their operational efficiency. Whilst working, he is also in his third year at university (evening course). Kento holds various certifications such as “Oracle Certified Java Programmer Silver SE8”, “Linux LPIC Level 1 and 2”, “Authorized Certification of Engineer for Android TM” , and “TOEIC score 900”.
- Webpage / the Gold Award & the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare Award
- Ayaka Miyamoto
- Creative Services Section, Normalization Promotions Department, Administrations Division, Corporate Management Sector, transcosmos inc.
- Job category:
- Web engineer
- Ayaka joined transcosmos inc. in April, 2016, after graduating from the Faculty of Informatics at The University of Social Welfare. As a web engineer, she develops corporate webpages for clients, transcosmos group companies, and transcosmos.
The Abilympics also acts as a qualifying round for the International Abilympics, which is held almost every four years. In principle, the best performers among the Abilympics gold medalists qualify to compete in the International Abilympics as representatives of Japan (location and date for the next International Abilympics are under discussion).
Reference: Visit Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare news page here:
* transcosmos is a trademark or registered trademark of transcosmos inc. in Japan and other countries.
* Other company names and product or service names used here are trademarks or registered trademarks of respective companies.
About transcosmos inc.
transcosmos launched its operations in 1966. Since then, we have combined superior “people” with up-to-date “technology” to enhance the competitive strength of our clients by providing them with superior and valuable services. transcosmos currently offers services that support clients’ business processes focusing on both sales expansion and cost reduction through our 177 locations across 33 countries with a focus on Asia, while continuously pursuing Operational Excellence. Furthermore, following the expansion of e-commerce market on the global scale, transcosmos provides a comprehensive One-Stop Global E-Commerce Services to deliver our clients’ excellent products and services to consumers in 49 countries around the globe. transcosmos aims to be the “Global Digital Transformation Partner” of our clients, supporting the clients’ transformation by leveraging digital technology, responding to the ever-changing business environment.
Contact for Media Inquiries
transcosmos inc. Public Relations & Advertising Department