transcosmos and transcosmos research and development to launch “SPEEDLOGI” service One-click on Shopify. All warehousing tasks from receiving orders to shipping are done
May 19, 2020
transcosmos research and development, Inc.
transcosmos (Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan; President and COO: Masataka Okuda) and transcosmos research and development, Inc. (Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan; President: Shohei Shimoda) will launch “SPEEDLOGI,” a warehouse outsourcing service designed for the e-commerce business powered by Shopify, in June, 2020. In delivering the service, the two companies will leverage their knowledge and experience in Shopify as two of the only five certified “Shopify Plus Partner” companies in Japan. Against the backdrop of the significant growth of the e-commerce market in recent years, many companies face various challenges. One of the key challenges is warehousing operations for the e-commerce business that traditional logistic centers between stores and companies have difficulty to manage. To solve such a challenge and let businesses outsource warehousing operations even for a small-lot order, the two companies have built the service by standardizing, automating, labor-saving and unmanning the required operations with the power of technology.
Visit SPEEDLOGI service website here (Japanese only): http://speed-logi.com/
* On behalf of clients, transcosmos will handle all warehousing operations including storage, inventory management and order processing, in collaboration with its “E-Commerce One-Stop Center.”
All clients need to do is select required information on the Shopify app “SPEEDLOGI” and check in their products to the warehouse. No tiresome agreement with a warehousing company or arrangements with a delivery company are required. The service is available from four pallets, enabling clients to start with a small-lot inventory and gradually scale up their e-commerce business. With this approach, clients can expand their e-commerce business smoothly as it takes off without changing the warehouse. What’s more, SPEEDLOGI lets e-commerce website operators complete all necessary operations from receiving orders to delivering products to the hands of customers with just one-click. By simply placing a check mark on Shopify app “SPEEDLOGI,” clients can check shipping and inventory status. All in all, SPEEDLOGI, the warehousing and delivery outsourcing service, enables clients to reduce operational costs of their e-commerce team whilst ensuring operational quality.
■ SPEEDLOGI service overview
- Apply for the warehousing service on Shopify
- Download SPEEDLOGI app from the Shopify app store. Follow instructions on the application page on the app to complete application process for the warehousing outsourcing service. *The app is planned to be available from after June.
- Monthly invoicing (via MF KESSAI)
- Credit line will be set automatically upon receiving application, and the service will be available with monthly invoicing.
- Purchase schedule setting
- Setup product purchasing schedule for items to be checked in to the warehouse. The feature is available for all Shopify registered products.
- Auto-register checked in products as available inventory
- All products received at the warehouse will be automatically registered as available products after inspection.
- Real-time shipping order
- Once orders are made on Shopify, shipping orders will be made on the warehousing system in real-time.
- Tracking number notification
- Send purchase confirmation to end-customers with their tracking code issued by a designated delivery company. The customers can check the latest shipping status such as order ready for shipment, picked up, and shipped.
Clients can view and operate all activities listed above on Shopify admin page.
* Please note that the above images are the beta version of SPEEDLOGI admin page. Some minor differences may exist between the beta version and the commercially released version.
■ SPEEDLOGI service features
- Enables clients to visualize and streamline warehousing operations on the Shopify admin page. No need for connecting to other services or log-in.
- Available from a small-lot order, \24,000 monthly fee (four pallets).
- Unlike the previous approach, making shipping orders on a regular basis (batch processing) to work with the warehouse, SPEEDLOGI ensures speedy shipping with a real-time connect feature with its proprietary warehouse management system (WMS).
■ SPEEDLOGI future plan
transcosmos and transcosmos research and development will continue to develop additional services that help the e-commerce business drive and deliver their digital transformation. More specifically, the companies will connect SPEEDLOGI with malls and other channels, conduct cross-channel sales data analysis, develop and implement AI-powered inventory and purchase optimization engine, and promote automation, labor-saving and unmanning of warehouse operations.
■ About E-Commerce One-Stop Center
As transcosmos logistic center specifically designed for e-commerce business, the center owns a total area of 4,110 tsubo (approximately 13,600 square meters). With the power of its proprietary WMS and trained warehouse operators, the center offers warehouse operations services that increase the level of satisfaction of customers who receive their products.
- ISO27001 certification
(information security managers stationed, indoor security cameras, 24/7 security guards)
- Facilities / equipment:
- Warehouse Management System (WMS), handy terminals, automated material handling systems,shrink wrap machines, air cushion machines, etc.
About transcosmos inc.
transcosmos launched its operations in 1966. Since then, we have combined superior “people” with up-to-date “technology” to enhance the competitive strength of our clients by providing them with superior and valuable services. transcosmos currently offers services that support clients’ business processes focusing on both sales expansion and cost optimization through our 169 bases across 30 countries/regions with a focus on Asia, while continuously pursuing Operational Excellence. Furthermore, following the expansion of e-commerce market on the global scale, transcosmos provides a comprehensive One-Stop Global E-Commerce services to deliver our clients’ excellent products and services in 48 countries/regions around the globe. transcosmos aims to be the “Global Digital Transformation Partner” of our clients, supporting the clients’ transformation by leveraging digital technology, responding to the ever-changing business environment.
About transcosmos research and development, Inc.
transcosmos research and development conducts research and development and offers services that empower clients to streamline operations, reduce costs and maximize profits with the power of technology. Being one of the only five certified “Shopify Plus Partner” companies in Japan, the company develops and operates online stores including developing large-scale websites by using a member ID connect feature, primarily for enterprise level e-commerce clients.
What’s more, by offering end-to-end services including research and development and operational consulting with the power of technology, transcosmos’s field of expertise, the company helps clients significantly increase their e-commerce website operational efficiency whilst reducing expenses. Visit transcosmos research and development here (Japanese only):https://t-rnd.com/